COVID-19: Operational Update 2 – Level 4 Alert
- We will continue to provide essential services to customers identified as essential service providers.
- We continue to provide emergency response services as normal.
- We continue to provide services where:
- it supports businesses continuity for entities identified as an essential service,
- it reduces risk of emergency breakdown and interruption to an essential service business,
- it is required for regulatory or compliance, including meeting Building Warrant of Fitness criteria,
- it is required to address any risk that may result in an adverse affect to human life, property or the environment.
- To meet Ministry of Health criteria, including limiting the number of people on sites and physical distancing requirements, we are staggering work and have made some changes to operational procedures. We will continue to work with customers to mange these impacts.
- All of our people are aware of, and practicing procedures as set out in Ministry of Health and MPI guidelines. They are equipped with appropriate PPE, and are practicing physical distancing and recommended hygiene practices.
- If service or equipment is required for known contaminated areas, this is risk assessed with all stakeholders and Government departments’ guidelines are followed. Any equipment removed from a site will be sanitised before being returned as per Ministry of Health guidelines.
- There is minimal disruption to supply chain at present. We note some international product delays and will continue to monitor stocks of essential equipment including refrigerant.
Share This Post With Others!