Our COVID-19 response team includes health and safety and operational experts to manage our company-wide response.
The team is supporting our business to implement plans and maintain safe operations at our sites. This team reports daily to our Senior Leadership Team.
In addition to current health and safety and hygiene protocols EcoChill are:
- Monitoring local conditions and have actions in place to maintain workforce safety and business continuity.
These include procedures to move quickly to isolate anyone who may require medical treatment or testing, as well as additional information and resources to support the well being of our workforce.
- We have implemented measures based on risk assessment, government requirements and specialist advice that take into account specific site factors. These include:
- Ensuring our people continue to follow Ministry of Health guidelines on hygiene and pandemic protocols.
- All our people are equipped with appropriate PPE and have been trained in its use.
- Domestic commuting continues for employees in line with Ministry of Health specific advice.
- Implementing protocols such as flexible rostering, to assist workforce safety.
- The number of people on sites has been limited as much as possible with physical distancing protocols in place. This includes changes to how teams travel to sites, gather at the start of shifts as well as procedures on sites and how tasks are scheduled and undertaken.
- All non-essential visits, meetings and tasks are being rescheduled, cancelled or take place via virtual platforms.
- All staff who can work remotely are.
- We are encouraging customers who have remote control monitoring systems to utilise them as much as possible.
- Ensuring specific procedures and Ministry of Health guidelines are followed for dealing with contaminated sites and at risk facilities.
- Our employees are prepared to manage through a range of scenarios where COVID-19 limits workforce capacity or access to infrastructure though our Business Continuity Plan.
- All construction work is being delivered to the New Zealand COVID-19 Construction Protocols that sit below the COVID-19 Standard for New Zealand Construction Operations. These protocols are a living document that are updated by a working party of health and safety practitioners from across industry and are adapted on a site by site basis.
The challenges presented by COVID-19 are fluid and change on an almost daily basis. There can be no guarantees about what further measures might be implemented by government or the directions that world markets might take. As the situation continues to change rapidly worldwide, we will continue to assess and update our response.